What we do
Wilmette Media offers social media management tools that are accessible via our applications. These tools allow you to bring together all of your social media accounts for easy access and management through one platform. Through this platform, you can manage your social media, marketing, and advertising campaigns; engage with your audiences; schedule and publish messages; and analyze the results of these activities. Collectively, we refer to these tools as our “Services”. We are acting as a service provider to you when we provide the Services.
Any collection, use, and management of personal information by the social networks, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (collectively, the “Social Networks”) are governed by their respective privacy policies and terms. When using Social Networks, you are required to comply with their privacy policies and terms. We recommend you carefully review their privacy policies and terms, as Wilmette Media is not responsible for the Social Networks.
We rely on you to comply with applicable privacy laws when collecting, using, or disclosing information about individuals through the Services, including obtaining any necessary consents and providing any necessary notices. If we receive any questions or complaints regarding your use of the Services, we will direct the request to you for further assistance.
Our Services are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals who are at least 18 years old and are using the Services for business purposes.
Which information will be collected
- Your contact and profile information including your name, email address, organization name, and address; your preferences such as language, time zone, and the types of communications you would like to receive from us; and image (if you choose to provide this). We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a social login service, such as Facebook Login, to create or access your account.
- Billing and other payment information (if you sign up for a paid service or purchase a Third-Party Service), including payment method details, such as credit card number.
- The Services you have acquired from us, including the type of plan, number of team members, and transaction information related to the Services.
- Your social profile information for Social Networks you choose to connect to the Services. For example, your Facebook profile information may include your Facebook username and profile image.
- A specific location such as an address, a city, or a place (for example, a restaurant) if you choose to share this information.
- Your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services; and information that is collected from the Social Networks that you choose to connect to and which is displayed on our Services.
- Content that you may send and receive through Social Networks may contain personal information of third parties. This may include information such as: names, photos, age, gender, geographic location, opinions, preferences, and phone numbers that are provided or posted by social media users.
Logs, usage, and support data:
- Log data, which may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you used the Services, information about your browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and cookies.
- Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users such as frequently accessed areas of the Services.
- General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the Services, in accordance with the settings on your device.
- Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
Surveys, events, marketing and other activities
Surveys, contests, events (such as webinars and in-person events) for those we host or are affiliated with:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, organization name and address.
- Participation, attendance, feedback and opinions.
- General information about your organization that you choose to provide, such as annual company revenue, number of employees, and industry. We may also use service providers to obtain additional business-related information about your organization such as the legal name, size, and publicly available revenue, to assist us in offering services that are appropriate to your organization’s needs.
- Social media: Your messages, posts and other interactions with our brand and social media accounts.
- Email interactions and analytics: Information on how you engage with our emails such as email open and click rates, whether a link is clicked, which web pages are visited after opening the email, the type of browser and email clients you use, and general location (i.e. country and region) information.
- Teleconference, videoconference, and other meetings: Your preferences, feedback, opinions and business needs.
- Accessing resources (e.g. videos, whitepapers or case studies) on our website: Your name and contact information, and engagement analytics such as the type and frequency of resources accessed, viewed and downloaded.
How your information is used
Providing and securing our Services
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users are able to use the Services for their organization, and to make changes to their accounts.
- We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the Services, and manage your account.
- We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the Services.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the Services.
- Where you have chosen to share your specific location information, we use this information to provide location based features, such as enabling you to share your location on your posts for Social Networks that support this functionality, and to use any functionality that relies on location information.
- We analyze usage information, your feedback, support queries, and survey responses to identify issues and help us understand how you use the Services so that we can make improvements to our Services.
- We use Content, information that you send and receive through Social Networks, and other information from these Social Networks (such as your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services) in order to provide the Services.
Communicating with you
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our Services, events, marketing communications (consistent with your preferences—see “Marketing emails, advertising and website browsing” below), and job opportunities.
We use email statistics, such as open rates, to assess the effectiveness of, and to make improvements to our communications. We also use engagement analytics to better understand your needs so that we can provide the information and services that would be more suitable for you.
Improving our websites and applications
We use information about you to help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our applications so that we can diagnose problems and make improvements, including enhancing usability and security.
Here are your rights regarding your information
When using our Services, you may access, update, or correct most of your Account information by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record.
If you have requests that cannot be carried out by logging in to your account, such as accessing additional information or deleting information about you, please email our privacy team. Please note that we may need to retain certain information about you for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, for payment processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce the applicable terms of service or other agreement in place between you (or your organization) and Wilmette Media (the “Terms of Service”).
Requests to access, correct, update, or delete your information can be made in writing to our privacy team and will be handled within thirty (30) days unless they are unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will advise you of the expected timeline for handling your request.
If you have authorized us to access your Social Network account to provide the Services, you may revoke this access at any time. For example, if you have authorized us to access your information via the YouTube API services, in addition to our normal procedure for deleting stored data, you may revoke our access to your data via the Google security settings page.
You can contact our Support team for other general requests about your account by your preferred method listed here.
Marketing emails, advertising and website browsing
For marketing communications, you may opt out of marketing communications sent by Wilmette Media by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing email you receive. Please note that if you are a Wilmette Media user, unsubscribing from marketing communications will not affect product-generated Wilmette Media emails sent in connection with your use of our Services.
Does anyone else have access to your information?
Wilmette Media does not rent or sell your information. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees and we do not share your information with third parties.
Our commitment to keeping your information safe
Wilmette Media maintains industry standard security safeguards to protect your information. This includes ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect your information.
Access controls are in place to limit access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. For example, information about you may be provided to our customer support specialists to help you with your requests. Individuals who are permitted to handle your information must adhere to confidentiality obligations.
How long we retain your data
Wilmette Media does not permanently store Content from Social Networks. Rather, when you login to the Services, we retrieve data from Social Networks in real time so that it is displayed in the platform for viewing during your session. We store other Content that you produce (such as draft Content for publication on Social Networks) so that you can easily access this material on the Services. Messages in Inbox are stored for 6 weeks to enable you to take any action required, such as replying to messages. Wilmette Media Analytic products such as Analytics and Insights will store mentions related to our customers from social media audiences for up to 25 months to allow our customers to conduct trending and analysis.
Aggregated data is used by Wilmette Media for analysis, product improvement, and troubleshooting purposes. In some cases, Content may continue to exist on the Social Networks even after you or we delete it from our Services, and you will need to contact the relevant Social Network directly if you want it to remove this Content.
We retain your information as long as required to provide the Services requested by you, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for the Services. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information about you, or otherwise upon your request, we will dispose of it in a secure manner or anonymize the information.
This is how you can contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please email our Privacy team and Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer; or send a letter to:
Wilmette Media (Pty) Ltd
235 Miranda Street